Monday, May 07, 2007

Mother and Daughter

Mom: So all of these books are going to Cedarburg?
Katie: Yup.
Mom: Really? All of them?
Katie: Of course... why?
Mom: Well, do you really need to bring all of them?
Katie: Well of course I do. Why wouldn't I?
Mom: Well, what are you going to do with them?
Katie: Um... put them on a shelf? Look at them? Read them sometimes? Love them forever and never get rid of them?
Mom: But do you really need them? I mean all of these? I just don't get it.
Katie: Mom. I hoard books. This is what I've always done. And now I'm a librarian so I'm basically a professional book hoard-er. I need the books. Gotta have 'em. Gotta bring 'em. Got it?
Mom: Well, fine, then you get to carry them.


"Have fun hauling this one up those stairs!"

Just a sampling of bookiness.

Kind of depressing, right? No? Just me?

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

very depressing indeed

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

My parents said the same thing when I moved to MA (and I only brought half of my books- only 12 boxes!) When my parents moved this summer and my brother had to lug the rest of my book boxes into my bedroom at their new house my mom kept asking him how much he loved his older sister :) I fully understand.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right there with you!!!! It's gotten to where moving without movers is out of the question. But I NEED my books. totally understand. Good luck with the move!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home