Sunday, February 18, 2007

Love is All You Need...

So originally I was going to post this on Valentine's Day... then the day after Valentine's Day... then three days after Valentine's Day. Obviously, that didn't happen. But, in the spirit of living through another Valentine's Day, here is a love oriented, Valentine's Day related list with lots of pictures...

1) Back when I was 18 years old, I truly and honestly believed that John Mayer was my soulmate and that we would get married. I believed this so much that I actually wrote an essay for my college German class all about my love for John Mayer and why he should love me back. My professor's comments? *Auf English* "Interesting! Good luck!" Luckily, I've overcome this quirk and can now just appreciate his music. But, it was oh so appropriate that he was playing in Madison for Valentine's Day. Of course, I had to go. And I had a wonderful date, Amy, my fellow John enthusiast.


And of course, I didn't bring my camera into the show (I follow concert rules... okay, most rules in general) but, I found this with the help of Google (of course!) and this basically what the concert looked like:


I know many of you were wondering if Jessica was there... well, I didn't see her but Annie sent me this the morning after the concert. (Really, what would we do without Perez Hilton...) As Katie C. wisely commented on Friday, it seems Jessica has given up all hopes of a music career and is now latching on to John's... including memorizing all of the lyrics to all of his songs. I personally wish her the best of luck.

2) Valentine's Day gifts are the best... particularly the unexpected ones. Amy's roommates made me a cookie with my name on it! I was quite touched, particularly since they're saints for putting up with me always hanging out in their living room.


3) On Thursday, I received an email from the library where I had the non-weird interview... and they want me to come in for a second interview to meet the assistant director! Holy moses!!!! I am definitely feeling the library love but I'm not sure if I'm willing to return it. There are a lot of positive points about this library but also a few negative ones. This whole growing up and becoming an adult and making decisions about the future thing sucks.

4) On Sunday morning, my parents were in the area and took me out to breakfast. They also gave me a bag full of random junk mail addressed to me (why they don't just throw it out, I don't know) and belated Valentine's Day presents i.e. a hollow milk chocolate frog with a gummy bug inside. Generally my mom strays away from these types of gifts so it seemed a little weird but it was a nice gesture. So I was looking at the box while not doing my homework and noticed this on the back of the box:


My mother regifted a Valentine's Day present!!! Now, my mom is a crossing guard and spoils her kids rotten and in turn the parents give her tons of present for every major holiday. For example, she gets lots and lots of lotion and soaps for Christmas presents and since she has sensitive skin, I inherit most of it. But regifting chocolate frogs!? That just doesn't seem right!

All right, must go back to doing homework... this whole starting reader response papers at 11:32 on a Sunday night is rather ridiculous.

4 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lia said...

Katie!!! Congratulations! That's so awesome that you have another interview. Good for you, babe. I think you've gotten the best luck so far with the job hunt. :)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the second interview!!!

And I am so jealous you got to see John Mayer again. I live in no-man's land when it comes to concerts. I hope he was amazing!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

Good luck with the second interview. Go with your gut- if it's a good fit, you'll know it. Alissa

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Awesome times about the job interview! Congratulations.

As for John Mayer, do you feel slightly betrayed that he's with Jessica now? Just a little? He seems like he should be dating someone, well, cooler than that. I have opinions on this, obviously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home