Monday, March 12, 2007

Raindrops on Roses

Today was a very very very bad day at the Astronomy library. I screwed up. Well, rather I have been screwing up (and not realizing it obviously) for the last um let's say eight months and it's bad. I'm an idiot. It's now quite clear that I was not made to be the head student assistant at the Astronomy library (it was clear before but now the clarity is astounding) and I'm quite sure that my bosses will be glad to have my gone. In short, this afternoon sucked ass.

However, when when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad. Here are a few of my recently discovered favorite things:

1) My practicum at the public library. Have I mentioned how much I love my practicum? It has fully cemented that I belong in a public library. Tonight I was helping a little boy find two books that he couldn't seem to find on the shelf. After tracking down both of them, he told me, "You're amazing!" Sure, I can't function at the astro library but damn it, at the public library, I'm amazing. It's pretty darn cool.

2) Indulging in my love for oldies. Recently purchased songs on iTunes include "Hello Stranger" by Barbara Lewis and "Runaround Sue" by Dion and the Belmonts. Yes, I am an old lady.

3) Planning for the future. Apartment hunting is in the works; I've been looking for a place with two bedrooms and, shockingly, I do believe I can afford it. Two bedrooms! That means two closets! All for me! I am so excited to have space and a place to call my own and to stay there for more than a year...

4) Wes Anderson. I wish my life could be directed by Wes Anderson... and then as a huge bonus, my life would have the coolest soundtrack ever!

5) Outlet mall shopping. Particularly when the shopping partner is my mother, who for some odd reason thinks that I have no summer clothes and thus will have nothing to wear to Key West. I'm going to be gone for four days but with the amount of clothing purchased, I could stay for the next three months.

See? Not so bad. Astronomy schstronomy! Now, I really must go and make some clothes out of my bedroom curtains!

5 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Awww, you *are* awesome!

Venting about the stars over lunch today is allowed and encouraged...

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I love Maria Von Trapp. She can make anything better! Even the Nazis. Eff the astronomy library. :) Soon you'll be in charge of your own children's section and have an awesome two bedroom apartment!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You say spare bedroom, I saw a place for your unemployed friend Annie to crash.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

Ok... let's try this again (for some reason I have the hardest time commenting on your blog)

hey hey.... keep away from a runaround Sue! That's a great song, who cares if it is old.

Don't worry about the astronomy library, be glad that you found your true calling. Being told "you're awesome" never gets old!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Librarian Girl said...

This week has been crap for me too. Let's pledge to raise a glass to each other, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home