Monday, February 12, 2007

Google... Who Knew?

I now have a love affair with Google Calendar. I knew that Leah and other SLISers used it but I always thought that it seemed a little bit pointless. I had a weekly planner in paper form and I never used it. So I didn't really see the point of adding more crap to my already cluttered life. Then, on Saturday, I was over at Amy's, buying tickets to go see John Mayer on Valentines Day (more about that in a few days!), when she logged into her Google Calendar. I must say, I was slightly taken aback. It was soo cool! And it looked helpful and organizational and like it might even keep me from losing my mind! So Amy sent me an invitation (complete with the cheesy, Google generated "message from Amy") and I signed up. And wasted a good chunk of my Saturday night creating my very own Google calendar. I've placed reminders on events and obligations that I know I will forget and I've changed my setting so my events are purple! Too neat!

And of course, it's coming in handy for other reasons as well.... for some crazy reason, I will put off homework and other obligations like nobody's business unless it's in writing, in an official form. Yes, I enjoy following the rules... So when I got this email from my mom this morning....

Hi Sweetheart, Dad and I are coming down to Madison this weekend to see you. Let us know which day is better for you. Dad would prefer Saturday but if Sunday is better for you, let me know. Love, Mom

... I knew just what to do. I logged into my handy dandy Google calendar and added a new event: Friday, February 16th. Noon-5pm: Clean Like a Mad Woman. And set a reminder 1 day in advance.

5 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my god you must tell me if you see Jessica Simpson in the audience.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and I will also be cleaning like a mad woman on Friday because my mom is coming too! Maybe you should remind me when Google reminds you.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Google Calendar!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Last week, I actually scheduled "watch tv" into my scheduler because I have been so busy lately that I have missed out on my much-needed veg-out time.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Google calendar!! And I cannot wait to hear about John Mayer! Did he say anything about Jessica Simpson in Japanese?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home