Thursday, April 12, 2007

A,B,C... Easy as 1,2,3

I could tell you about my weekend... or I could just fill out this meme and write about my weekend later. And if you think that I'll probably never write about my weekend, you're probably right :)

[A is for age]: 24
[B is for beer of choice]: Oh it's so hard to chose. Newcastle or Smithwicks or a nice local brew but I also love Miller Lite and other cheep beer i.e. Natural Light or High Life or PBR (I blame that on my genes--my dad will only drink cheap beer)
[C is for career]: Children's Librarian!
[D is for your dog’s name]: Sneakers--a smooth haired daschund. She was named that when we got her and I wanted to rename her Brain ala Inspector Gadget (I was also seven). She was the cutest thing ever and I miss her horribly. I can't wait to get my own dog... hopefully a doxie.
[E is for your essential daily item]: Underwear?
[F is for favorite song at the moment]: Never My Love by the Association. It's so sappy and it's lovely to listen to through headphones.
[G is for favorite games]: Dominoes
[H is for Hometown]: Neenah, WI
[I is for the instrument you play]: Well, as I've mentioned before, I'm a quitter, so instead of instrument you play, let's rephrase and say instrument you've quit: piano, clarinet and voice.
[J is for favorite flavor of juice]: Cran-grape juice... yum.
[K is for kids]: They're cute? I like them? What should I be saying? I don't know if I want to have children... but working with them/for them will be wonderful and crazy, I'm sure.
[L is for last hug?]: From my parents who came down to visit yesterday
[M is for marriage]: I'd like to but it scares the bejeezus out of me.
[N is for name of your crush]: Celebrity crush? Clive Owen (hubba hubba), Robert Sean Leonard, John Krasinski... quite a nice sample, really.
[O is for overnight hospital stays]: I had my appendix out when I was four, so that was a nice long stay.
[P is for phobias]: Spiders, clowns, heights, falling down stairs, commitment? :)
[Q is for quote]: “Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake."
-Julia Child
[R is for biggest regret]: Overthinking and being scared and letting some good things slip away. And that I let it keep happening--I don't learn from it. To quote Jackson Browne, "These days I seem to think a lot about the things that I forgot to do and all the times I had the chance to."
[S is for status]: ummm single?
[T is for time you wake up]: Either 7:30 or 8:30 depending on the day.
[U is for underwear]: Currently, mine are blue. I bought them at Target.
[V is for vegetable you love]: Zucchini, edamame (not really a vegetable), artichoke hearts, red peppers, peas (again, not really a vegetable)
[W is for worst habit]: Pushing away nice boys, being messy, procrastination, eating when I'm bored
[X is for x-rays you’ve had]: Lots of them when I broke my wrists, significantly more when I kept spraining my wrist and they figured out that my bone had healed in the wrong spot when they reset in the emergency room, my hips during a visit to the chiropractor when I was 14
[Y is for yummy food you make]: I make a fine zucchini melt--of course, it's not my recipe but it's pretty much the only thing I can make.
[Z is for zodiac]: Scorpio. To quote some random website: "Determined and forceful. Emotional and intuitive. Powerful and passionate. Exciting and magnetic. Jealous and resentful. Compulsive and obsessive. Secretive and obstinate." It's no wonder I'm so crazy. ;)

Okay, back to work... Oh and Happy National Library Week! Sidenote: Could the ALA website be any more ugly or any less user friendly? Bleech.

5 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

I agree on the ALA website... it's terrible (and sadly was recently redone to this great "improvement")

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent meme! So great I might have to steal it, if that's okay :)

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stealing it too, I'm currently in the midst of a creativity drough RE: the bog.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit. that was supposed to say DROUGHT.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Librarian Girl said...

I love that your essential daily item was "underwear?" with a question mark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home