Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pants! *Shakes Fist* *Weeps*

So remember when I said I wanted a new blog so I could post pictures easily? Well, in case you haven't noticed, that hasn't happened. I have the camera, I have the pictures; however, I'm new at this whole technology thing and I (of course) forgot the chord thingie and the software for my computer at home. My mom (who rocks) is sending me a digital camera care package and I will be posting pictures in the very near future. And then I can finally write posts about my new shoes and my new years knitting resolutions. Woot.

In the meantime, I'd like to take a few moments to rant about how much I hate buying pants. And I'm warning you: it's a rant. I'm 5'10" and that creates issues because I don't really have long legs; I have a long torso. Thus, the regulars are too short (but barely) and the long sizes create a puddle effect. And so I have to go to a tailor because I don't want to look sloppy (as my mother would say.) And stores generally don't have longs in my size so I have to attempt to buy pants online and then pay shipping and handling and hope they fit and then if they do fit, I have to take them to a tailor and pay more frickin money. And if they don't, they have to get sent back--damn you shipping and handling! And it seems like I am always buying pants! It's no secret that I've gained weight since I've gone to graduate school... but this newly acquired poundage doesn't reek havoc on my sweaters or shirts. It's the pants that get screwed up. It's like a cruel cruel joke. All of the dress pants I toiled to find and bought for my job at Edgewood no longer fit. They're perfectly good pants and they're sitting in my frickin closet staring at me. And what do I have to do? I have to go back online or out to the mall and try on pair after pair after pair and then go home and feel depressed. And then I go online again and feel panicked because I have no clue if the pants that the size two model is wearing are going to look good on me! GAAAH.

It's enough to make a girl crazy. And as you can tell, it is. Thus far, in the great hunt for work pants (damn you practicum!), I have purchased two pairs of grey pants (one striped, one not.)from New York and Company (thank god for them... even if there's not a natural fiber in the store) and I just ordered this pair of pants from the Gap:





















I'm terrified. The entire situation is ripe with potential for failure. These pants could look HORRIBLE on me.

God I hate pants.

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pants shopping is so traumatic. Good luck with the NY & Co and Gap pants!! I'm right in middle between Gap's ankle and regular pants and have to wear flats or ginormous heels to adjust. Funny how a tailor never even occurred to me??

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

I hate pant shopping. I know exactly what you mean about the length... I'm tall, but tall pants are just a bit too long- in part because I refuse to wear heels and completely tower over everyone- they'd be perfect if I'd just wear shoes with a heel. *sigh* Alissa

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Lia said...

Preach sister, preach! Aside from child birth, I think that pants shopping is one of the most tortuous and painful experiences women go through to "better" themselves (by better I mean look nice, get jobs, hide women parts from the general public, etc.).

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Moonbeam said...

Pants shopping is actually worse than childbirth, Lia. It lasts longer---like for the rest of your life. There's no legal pain relief, and no little screaming, pooping reward at the end: only humiliation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home