Monday, June 09, 2008

Library Land Updates

-The library flooded yesterday! Our basement is currently under about a foot of water, which also means that our summer reading program book prizes are also under a foot of water.

-I had my rain boots in my car so I was sent downstairs to investigate the extent of the damage. All of our reading program book prizes are soaking wet as are the entire contents of the annual Friends of the Library book sale. Not. Cool. And pretty depressing too.

-I'm pretty sure the summer reading program is cursed. It's the first one I've planned and everything is going wrong. Something goes wrong and I fix it. And then two days later, something else goes wrong. And it's only June. The damn thing hasn't even started yet. Who knows what July is going to bring.

-The apartment moving went wonderfully and I'm all settled in. Thanks to Hernia Movers. They truly are the potentate of totin' freight.

-There's a car in the apartment complex parking lot with two bumper stickers. 1) "I fake it so he buys me stuff." and 2) "I'm proud of my cub scout." I can't wait to meet my neighbors.

-There is a guy in the library with a little baby and the guy cannot be more than 20. And he's wearing a wedding ring. I feel old. And single.

-The other people in the children's room is a dad and his daughter. She's approx. 4 y.o. and she's playing on her dad's laptop. She just told her dad "Dad, I logged off!"

4 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Chin up, KT. Remember it's your first SRP, you're just one person, and you can only do so much. To quote, "Be like water, bend, don't break."

Also, I can't help thinking that all that water might have been a good excuse to call that fireman...

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I am sorry about the flood. Hang in there on that Summer Reading Program.

LOL about the fireman!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Summer Reading is one of the mysteries of the universe. It goes well or it doesn't no matter what we might do to try and make it go our way.

And WHY would someone have that first bumper sticker on their car? THIS is the thought that she wants to share with the world? Yikes.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

Sorry about the flooding, that stinks :( Keep your chin up, it's not summer reading if it's not chaos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home